Nasyam is very effective Ayurveda treatment and it is a part of panchkarma treatment for cleaning the head region internally of phlegm especially the sinuses. This Ayurveda treatment process is instilling liquid or powder form of medicines into the nostrils.
Ayurveda propose messaging with lukewarm oils in the right quantities. Patient must avoid speaking, laughing and sneezing during this procedure.
Firstly the face, shoulders and the chest are massaged with specific herbal oil and made to perspire then the herbal extracts/herbal oil in an exact dose is measured and instilled into the nostrils, while inhaling and finally after this process, the area around the nose, chest, palms and foot are massaged vigorously.
• It enhances the activity of sense organs and protects the person from diseases pertaining to head
• Lubricates the nasal passage
• It keeps the eyes, nose and ear healthy
• It prevents the early greying of hair
• It prevents early aging process
• Relieves from headache, earache and clears the throat
• Releases stress and tension from shoulder and neck area
• Helps in curing sinus
• Relieves from migraine
Nasyam Treatment is effective for:
• Diseases of the eyelid
• Dryness of the Nose