Greeva Basti is a specialised Ayurveda treatment for neck care and it is a hot oil therapy that is used in the treatment of neck pain and related ailments of the neck. Here the word greeva refers to neck and basti refers to restraint. Greeva Basti is a procedure that involves oleation and sudation over the posterior neck region. Greeva basti is useful for problems related to the spine, muscles and skeletal tissues of the neck and shoulders.
Here in the Greeva Basti treatment firstly The patient lies face down on the massage table. Then A leak-proof dough-ring is securely placed over the cervical region of the neck, including 2-3 thoracic vertebrae and finally Heated and specially medicated oil is slowly poured into the dough ring. medicated oil is recycled throughout the procedure in order to maintain a warm temperature for the duration of the treatment usually between 15-30 mins.
• Calms, rejuvenates, and nourishes the nerves, bones and muscle tissue around the neck and shoulders
• Relieves pain and discomfort
• Stimulates nerves and blood supply, which improves circulation around the neck and shoulder region
• Improves flexibility and enhances ease of movement
Greeva Basti is effective for:
• Stress and Improper Sitting Positions
• Past Neck Injuries
• Slipped Disk
• Migraine Pain
• Sprains and Muscle Stretch
• Neck Arthritis